Kumquat marmalade is a great find. A really sour fruit makes one of the best home-made jams.
Take advantage of the season to make kumquat marmalade and you wil be able to enjoy it throughout the year.
- 500 g of kumquats
- 250 g sugar
- The juice of an orange
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Pasos a seguir
- Wash the kumquats. Open them in half and remove seeds
- Using a sharp knife, chop the kumquats into strips, into very thin strips .
- In a saucepan, place the kumquats, orange juice, sugar and vanilla and cook for about 30 minutes over medium-low heat. If you want it thicker, you can let cook 5 more minutes but keep in mind that when the jam cools it will thicken more.
- Store in a sterilized glass jar.
Consejos y Trucos
- Serve on slices of cheese as an appetizer.
- Dilute some jam in a little olive oil and use it as a dressing for your salads.