A delicious, original and tropical recipe. Yummy!
With this dessert you will surprise your family and friends, sweet fruit combined with the tenderness of fresh cream make a perfect tandem in a soft and light cake. Let’s enjoy it!
For the cake
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1 cup (100 g) flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking poder
For the mousse
- 1 cup (200 g) star fruit (carambola) purée
- 2 tbsp. sugar (unless you use a sweetened coulis)
- 4 g gelatin
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) whipping cream
For the decoration
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 50 g sugar
- 5 longans
- 1 mango
- 1 star fruit
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 175ºC. Separate the whites and yolks. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and the seeds of the vanilla pod until frothy and foamy. Add the flour and baking powder.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff and gently fold them in the batter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the batter into a rectangle about 0.4 inch thick. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- At the exit of the oven, return the cake on a clean cloth to gently remove the parchment paper and cover with a second slightly damp cloth. Let cool.
- Bloom the gelatin in a bowl of cold water. In a bowl set the star fruit and crush until you get a purée, a thin cream. Mix the fruit purée with sugar and bring to a simmer. Stir in the softened gelatine off the heat. Let cool.
- Whip firmly the cream and gently fold in the fruit coulis.
- Trim the edges of the cake and top with passion fruit mousse.
- Roll the cake and pack tightly in plastic wrap. Allow to cool at least 4 hours in refrigerator (or 2 hours in freezer).
- Whipe cream with sugar until soft peaks.
- Trim the ends of the rolled biscuit and cover with Italian meringue.
- Put the whipped cream in a pastry bag, fitted with a star tip and decorate the log.
- Garnish with longans, mango and star fruit.
Do it with mango, papaya or your favorite fruit
Add a little grated coconut for garnish
Preparation time: 60 minutes