Chicken sandwich with mango chutney
For the chutney
- 500 g ripe Exotic Fruit Box mangoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of chile lakes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger
- ½ red pepper
- 50 ml pineapple juice
- 100 ml of apple vinegar
- 1 and a half teaspoon curry powder
- 100 g fried cashews
For the sandwich
- 8 slices of cereal bread
- A handful of spinach leaves
- 8 slices of orange cheddar cheese
- 1 roasted chicken breast sliced
- 8 tablespoons Exotic Fruit Box mango chutney
- 2 Exotic Fruit Box avocados
- 16 dates
Place all the chutney ingredients in a saucepan and cook on a low heat for 30-40 minutes until the fruit is cooked and only a few small pieces remain. Set aside.
To prepare the sandwich, spread the bread with mayonnaise. Place the spinach on the bread and cover with a few slices of cheese.
Add a few pieces of chicken on top and cover with a few spoonfuls of chutney.
Finish with a few slices of avocado and some halved dates and cover with the other slice of bread.
Add roasted vegetables instead of chicken for a vegetarian version.