Chicken sandwich with mango chutney
Chicken sandwich with mango chutney gives a different touch to this sandwich that has for a long time been part of many of our soccer afternoons with friends.
The chutneys make the difference in many dishes, and although they are normally taken with Indian foods, in this case it gives a different touch to this sandwich that has for a long time been part of many of our soccer afternoons with friends.
For the chutney
- 500 g ripe Exotic Fruit Box mangoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of chile lakes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger
- ½ red pepper
- 50 ml pineapple juice
- 100 ml of apple vinegar
- 1 and a half teaspoon curry powder
- 100 g fried cashews
For the sandwich
- 8 slices of cereal bread
- A handful of spinach leaves
- 8 slices of orange cheddar cheese
- 1 roasted chicken breast sliced
- 8 tablespoons Exotic Fruit Box mango chutney
- 2 Exotic Fruit Box avocados
- 16 dates
Place all the chutney ingredients in a saucepan and cook on a low heat for 30-40 minutes until the fruit is cooked and only a few small pieces remain. Set aside.
To prepare the sandwich, spread the bread with mayonnaise. Place the spinach on the bread and cover with a few slices of cheese.
Add a few pieces of chicken on top and cover with a few spoonfuls of chutney.
Finish with a few slices of avocado and some halved dates and cover with the other slice of bread.
Add roasted vegetables instead of chicken for a vegetarian version.