This guavas crème bruleé is an easy and light dessert that will surprise your guests at home. Sweet taste of the guavas together with the crusty burnt sugar
- 4 large egg yolk
- 300 ml fresh cream
- 5 guavas Exotic Fruit Box
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- sugar for dusting
- Heat the oven to 140 ° C
- Crush the peeled guavas and pass through a strainer to remove any remaining seeds. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, place the egg yolks with sugar and mix throughly (best with electric mixer) until they have doubled in size. Add guavas purée and mix.
- In a saucepan, boil the cream over medium heat.
- Once boiled, add to the yolks slowly.
- Transfer the cream to small bowls suitable for the oven and bake for about 40 minutes until the cream thickens.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar. Using a torch, burn sugar to get a nice layer of caramel. If you have no torch, we can burn sugar in the oven grill.
If you have no oven, you can make the cream in a saucepan, stirring until thickened and instead of burning the sugar, you can add a cookie on top.