Loquat Galette with frangipane
For the filling
- 75 g softened butter at room temperature
- 70 g of sugar
- 75 g almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500 g loquats
To paint the dough
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 190 ° C.
- Peel the loquats and remove seeds, cutting them in half and making sure that there are no peels left.
- With an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter until well blended. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix with a spatula until a smooth paste, but consistent.
- Place the sheet of puff pastry dough on a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper and spread the filling in the center, leaving a free border around of 4 cm.
- Cover the almond cream with peeled and cut into halves loquats. and fold the edges and corners over the filling, leaving the middle open.
- Leave the cake in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Mix the egg, pinch of salt and milk in a small bowl. Remove the galette from the freezer and using a brush, paint the puff pastry. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for about 40 minutes until edges are golden brown and firm. If it starts to brown too much, cover with foil after the first 30 minutes to prevent excess browning. Remove from oven and let cool.
Serve hot or at room temperature with a layer of icing sugar and with whipped cream or ice cream aside.