The nopals are typical in Mexican cuisine. They are very healthy and easy to prepare.
Just keep in mind that they must be cleaned well of thorns (best done with gloves to avoid punctures), and should be al dente to make them rich and crunchy.
- 2 lemons: juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a little pepper
- 2 large mangoes Exotic Fruit Box diced
- 3 nopales Exotic Fruit Box
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 large bunch of chopped cilantro
- Clean well nopales of thorns. Rinse with water and dry. Cut into strips nor thin nor thick
- In a saucepan put nopales covering them with water. Add half an onion, cilantro and half a clove of garlic. Add half teaspoon of salt and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Do noto ver cook.
- When it starts to boil, remove from heat and drain. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking and drain while cool completely.
- Chop tomato and mango into cubes and chop the cilantro. Put everything in a bowl. Add the chopped onion and mix well.
- In a bowl, prepare the dressing with the oil with the lemon juice Grate the peel of one lemon and mix well. Dress the salad and season.
You can add a touch of spice adding a serrano pepper finely chopped.